Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lawnscaping Challenge- Texture


Welcome to my blog!  Today I am going to share a card I made for the Lawnscaping Challenge. The challenge is to use texture in your project. I just had to make a cute little Christmas card, because it really lends itself to texture. I used the Critters of the Forest, Pa-rum-pa-pum-pum, and Cozy Christmas. I colored all my images with Copic markers, and then cut them out with my X-acto knife. I used some pop dots to create some depth in my scene. For textural elements I used; glossy accents for the lights, fine glitter for many of the images,  dry embossing for the inside of the fireplace, felt for the carpet, and I used different rhinestones and pearls for embellishments. It was kind of tricky to get a picture showing all the texture, this was the best I could get it!



Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you have a wonderful weekend! 

10 comments:

  1. ADORABLE! This is yet another absolutely brilliant and perfect scene! I LOVE it!!! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful scenic card!! I just can image the warm & cozy room with all those Christmas decorations. Thank you for playing with us at Lawnscaping

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness! This is so incredibly darling! Your coloring is just wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us at the Lawnscaping Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an adorable scene! and all of that fussy-cutting - you are my new hero. Thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samantha, I LOVE this card. So beautifully colored. So detailed! Major love. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I love this! The coloring is amazing and your scene is full of cute details! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy crap! Excuse my bluntness but this is friggin AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely fantastic! I can't imagine the effort you put into it! Love love love!

    ReplyDelete