Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Peachy Keen Challenge #31


It’s slumber party time! This Peachy Keen Sketch challenge was perfect for my frog slumber party. I really love the Peachy Keen Happy Lil Froggies stamp set, and I thought it would be fun to use them for this challenge. I used the new Cricut Slumber party cartridge for most of my pieces, in addition to Create- a Critter, and Old West. I thought these cartridges gave me adorable accessories for these frogs. I also used the Critter face stamps, and the new Vivienne and Friends stamp set for the sentiment.

The frog’s slumber party is taking place on a lily pad floating on the water. The frog on the left is playing the guitar, while the frog in the middle is munching on popcorn while listening to the music. The frog to right is snoozing away by the campfire with her teddy bear in her arms. She obviously couldn’t stay up as late as the others! I think the sentiment ties the whole scene together. I believe the simple pleasures in life are really what people remember and cherish, and I really wanted to have these frogs depict that.

Peachy Keen is having an awesome Wacky Wednesday Sale on June 23. This is going to be there last sale until after the CHA show at the end of July. So if you need to snatch up some stamps this Wednesday would be the perfect time. The sale starts tonight at 8pm and will run through midnight on Wednesday!

10 comments:

  1. Samantha, I love it! The cute little froggies are adorable! I love how you have them sitting on a lily pad around the campfire. Your creations always tell a story and I love that about them!!
    hugs,
    Heidi
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha,
    Another fantastic scene. So CUTE and FUN!! You have such a wonderful imagination! I love it!! The froggy eating popcorn is adorable with those bunny slippers!
    Hugs, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Samantha!! I JUST LOVE your lily pad camp out!!! How DO you think these wonderful scenes up? I'm not worthy!!! Fabulous yet again my friend! Big hugs Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Samantha,
    Great idea with the froggies and camping out. I would never think of anything like that. So cute.

    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samantha, this is sooooo cute! You are the queen of scenes, I tell ya. Beautiful job on this fabulous and fun card!

    Hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW... Samantha! You are ever so clever. My mouth drops with every card.. you are REALLY like Lorie says above, THE QUEEN OF SCENES!! I love it! It is just over the top! Thank you for yet another beautiful display of our stamps. BIG HUGS AND TONS of LOVE, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the CUTEST froggie sleepout EVER! You are seriously SO creative. Keep it coming, I love to see what you make :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an AWESOME card! Very creative!!! Now I have to have this set : )
    Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Samantha, you never cease to AMAZE me my friend!! This is the CUTEST scene EVER!!! JOB WELL DONE!
    Big Peachy Hugs,
    EMma;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love frogs and this is absolutely FABULOUS! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete