Friday, July 29, 2011

Bloom Where You Are Planted

I have another card to share with everyone today using Market Street Stamps. This card is was sort of an experiment, but I am super happy with the results. So the part I experimented with was the tree. I used the Of The Same Tree stamp set for the tree. I inked the top of the tree stamp with two different shades of green in random spots, then stamped it. I then re-inked the stamp and lined it up with the previously stamped image, then stamped on top of it. I repeated this a couple more times to create layers of color on the tree. I did the same technique with the trunk of the tree too, I just used brown ink. After all the pieces were inked, I cut out the top of the tree then attached it to the trunk. I used the Sure Miss You stamp set for the face. The sentiment is from the Homegrown stamp set. The background is the Lost Garden stamp set. I finally accessorized the tree with tiny heart buttons. I hope you enjoy my card!

3 comments:

  1. This is just wonderful! So inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design with this wonderful stamp.

    http://blog.neatthings-boutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Samantha..I just wanted to tell you that you are my favorite PKS designer...I love looking at all your creations. I'm not sure you participate in this (because I don't see any awards displayed on your blog), but when you have time...go check out my blog...I have a surprise for you!! :)

    ~Cassandra
    www.Ctimz3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete