Monday, April 7, 2014

Lawnscaping Challenge #79- Try A New Technique



Happy Monday! It is time again for another Lawnscaping Challenge! The challenge is to create a card or project using a new technique. How fun is that?! There are TONS of fun crafty products out on the market. Sometimes it can be intimidating using new products or trying a new technique, but you need to either experiment or just dive right in. Many people posted really good and informative video and picture tutorials too!  

For my technique, I chose to use Dylusions Spray Inks on pattern paper. I used three different Dylusions Spray ink colors, Vibrant Turquoise, London Blue, and White Linen. You can blend the colors with water in a mini spritzer. Be sure that you don't saturate the paper too much or it will ripple. I used a craft heat gun to dry my inks because I am just too impatient to wait for it to dry naturally. 

I created a fun beach themed card using stamps from the "Critters in the Sea" stamp set. The frame is die cut from super thin sandpaper using the "Say Cheese" lawn cuts. I tore my pattern paper that I sprayed to create waves in the ocean. I used a fun yellow pattern paper from the "Pink Lemonade" petite paper pack, and die cut out the sun from the "Spring Showers" Lawn Cuts dies. 

Materials Used:
Lawn Fawn- Say Cheese Lawn Cuts
Lawn Fawn- Spring Showers Lawn Cuts
Lawn Fawn- Pink Lemonade Petite Paper Pack
Lawn Fawn- Critters in the Sea


This challenge is sponsored by Simon Says Stamp! The winner of this challenge will receive a $25 gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp! 


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Be sure to check out the Lawnscaping Challenge blog and the Lawnscaping Challenge Facebook Page

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! This is adorable!!! I just LOVE the vibrancy of the colors!! And a sandpaper Polaroid?!? Amazing!! Love love love this so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my ... this is totally fab!! Love everything about this card! And that polaroid ... AWESOME!!
    You rocked this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha girl this is awesome! Love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete